Monday 13 October 2014

THE LONG SLEEVE MAXI DRESS

Hello lovely people. As we begin to be exposed to some warmer weather in Australia, understanding Melbourne's climate mood swings, means we always have to be prepared for some cool days to set in.  I think I have found the perfect piece to help transition into Summer, a light maxi dress with sleeves. 
I have fallen in love with longer hemlines and have invested in many midi and maxi skirts this year. However its very easy for me to slip back into my mini options for the illusion of height.  Like many of us do, we stick to what we are used to.  I am a strong believer in pushing your boundaries when it comes to fashion and always encourage my clients to try new things, so I have heeded my own advice and experimented with the maxi dress. I was a little daring and wore some  hot pants underneath. I would only ever do that for a blog post. I don't think I'm brave enough to wear this look everyday. 

I've selected some maxi dresses with sleeves for you below. Wear them with a biker jacket and boots on a cool day or throw some sandals and a bikini on for summer. A great transitional piece.










            Left: BLACKBIRD MAXI DRESS   Right: Black Long Sleeve Floral Dress (Worn my me above)



Olivia Palermo loves her long sleeve maxi.



Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you look gorgeous in this dress that dress is sooooo pretty! That dress looks like it was made for you, and you look stunning in it! Glad you were finally able to get outfit photos taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    The blog post you have shared is simply awesome. Thanks. The summer season is just around the corner and I think a designer Maxi Dress With Sleeves will be a perfect addition to my summer wardrobe. It would be great if anyone can suggest some genuine shopping sites for women’s dresses as I prefer online shopping instead of physical shopping.
    Regards,
    Richard M.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox