Sunday 12 August 2012

Fashion Goes Sporty

I don't know about you but with the hype around the Olympics, I feel this competitiveness coming out of me and yearn to challenge my husband to a game of tennis, basketball or even just a race to the end of the street. I love the Olympics and the positive energy it creates in those who participate and spectate from all corners of the globe.  I actually found myself tearing up during the opening ceremony. It warms me to see how this 2 week sporting spectacle brings the world together.  It transcends religion, race and cultural boundaries and simplifies the celebration of hard work, discipline and fair competition.

Fashion has certainly taken on the Olympic fever. In fact sport inspired looks were one of the strongest themes to walk down the runway during New York Spring 2012 Fashion Week.  Tailored track pants, parachute dresses, mesh details and loose silhouettes have been explored with a street style edge.  Alexander Wang, Stella McCartney, Altuzarra and Rag & Bone were some designers who presented this trend.


I had a bit of fun styling my sporty look below. I just bought this mesh bomber jacket and thought it could work beautifully over a short flouncy skirt to help create a clash between sporty and feminine. I did go a bit sporty mad and added my New York Yankee cap. You all know by now that I like to push a theme to its absolute limit.  I have styled some sporty inspired looks for you below.

For those of you who have followed Dusty Petals from the very beginning you will remember my post 'Sporty Chic' which shared my inner 'Tomboy' through fashion. Click here to check it out.












I had to share these incredible trainers.

26 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog and I'm really glad I did. It's so amazing! You have so many inspiring looks, that I really love. Your outfit in that 'New girl' post is amazing and I have to mention the 60s post aswell. I think you deserve more followers so I followed you on Bloglovin. :)

    Best wishes,
    - Evamaria

    http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post sweetie! I Love the sports trend and I love your look and that sheer jacket is amazing!!! I really adore the looks you have put together and especially look 4 :)

    Take care, Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Ti like your blog! im following you now on Bloglovin! If you like my blog, Follow me back please!

    do you have GFC?

    XoXo

    www.shoesandbasics.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh honey!!! I absolutely love how you broke the sporty character of this set byt those polka dot heels and vintage-looking bag! It fits you PERFECTLY!!! ;****

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely!! I am following u on blogvin maybe loffow me back :)

    xxx http://kamikastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. u respond so fast ! thanks a lot for lovelly comment :) I also put u on my blog's links because I will come back here for sure :)

    kisses preety !

    http://kamikastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad we discovered eachother's blogs!!!

      Delete
  7. ovo je takoooo cool :)
    mnogo mi se svidja :)

    tamaritza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look stunning in sporty look...very unusual but way sexy!!
    Following you,please follow back to keep in touch through comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh some of your choices are really cute.
    I am 'hooked' on high top sneakers.
    xx.
    * STYLE ID NET *
    * Filomenas Closet *
    .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg i absolutly love this look!!!
    Its so amazing, im so inspired!

    The jacket u are wearing, where did u get it? I would honestly diie for it!
    I live in Sweden so... But i do anything for that jacket! hahah
    Thank u so much xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sporty chic theme!!

    Loving your blog,
    -Lauren
    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO COOL!!TOTALLY DIGGING THE STYLE!!!;)))
    XOXO




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your outfit! you're so preety!
    I follow you, kisses:*

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow I'm in love with your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, long time no see! I love your purse and your shoes! So adorable! -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely outfit!!Verry nice pictures!X

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow girl you look amazing! Loving ur outfit, looks great! :)

    xo
    www.evesbreeze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thnks for your lovely comment
    as soon as you hv a new post
    let me know
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look amazing with your sporty outfit! It looks perfect on you.

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look amazing! So inspiring

    xoxo


    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sporty Chic! Great blog dear! I am now following you! Follow me back please!

    Blow A Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  22. tres cool! those heels are adorably sweet!

    and thanks for stopping by, happy to follow you back on bloglovin' (*138)! i recently created a facebook page, so pop up by when you get a chance and like if you like :)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Possible-Fantasy/269022619865057

    xx
    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox