Monday 14 May 2012

Bring on the 60's!

If I could jump into a fashion time machine I would set it to back to the 1960's. Fortunately designers are still taking inspiration from this decade.  In the early 60's the shape of clothes was dominated by expensive haute couture garments but soon transformed and became influenced by the emerging London pop scene. Musical taste had a strong influence on fashion styles. One of these styles being the 'mod look' which introduced the popular simple geometric silhouettes of the era which has made a comeback today. 

I always relate the amazing style icon 'Twiggy' when referring to the perfect 60's fashion image.  The world warmed to Twiggy's large eyes, long lashes, short hair and thin almost lanky build. Twiggy remains a huge inspiration to me when styling and designing. I have included some amazing sixties looks modelled by Twiggy at the bottom of this post.

In this post I am wearing a cute 1960's inspired dress from an amazing online shop called Oasap.  I fell in love with the simple shape of the dress, the daisy eyelet lace and of course the sweet little collar. 
Oasap have an amazing selection of affordable key trend fashion pieces. I have selected some other 1960 inspired dresses that Oasap have available for purchase online. I have referenced them below. 

I encourage you to all take a step back in time and revisit the 1960's. It's a great trend to take on while we juggle between the Autumn/Winter seasons. You can add an opaque or coloured tight to your mod dress and layer with a cropped jacket. 










Twiggy:
THE QUEEN OF THE 60'S






Thanks for reading!
xox




12 comments:

  1. Love your dress it's adorable! <3 http://moderngirlsinvintagepearls.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Nadine! It's only $59.00 from Oasap.com. The direct link for it is above the first image of the look at the top of the post.
    Thanks for the comment!!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what freaks me out is that this era is soo you sweetheart,
    you look incredible
    the dress is gorgeous...and Twiggy...OH GOSH! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are too sweet Yeliz! Thank you so much for your kind words! xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  4. Amazing post sweetie!!! Love the pictures of twiggy her 60s style is iconic! Love your look,your dress is stunning! Retro chic :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you again Daniella! I know, how amazing was Twiggy in her prime. Thanks for your support. xoxox

      Delete
  5. You look amazing!!!!! Great dress..in love with it!

    Enter my giveaway to win temporary vintage tattoos: http://thenotebookofafashionlover.blogspot.com/2012/05/giveaway-fake-tattoos.html

    Evi xoxo

    http://thenotebookofafashionlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Evi! Thanks so much for your comment! It's a cute dress, isn't it? I'll check out details on your give away. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Very cute! You literally look like you stepped out of a time machine! :)

    I would LOVE a couple dresses like this in come bright colors for summer! Maybe get some color blocking on them too!

    I also love the Peter Pan collar! I am so obsessed with those right now! Love the whole outfit! You look lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!!! I'm obsessed with anything with Peter Pan collars too! xoxox

      Delete
  7. OMG you look so lovely! Love your dress, it's adorable...I want it too! *_*
    xoxo

    http://www.sparklyfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You should get it too! It's a really cute dress. Thanks for your lovely comment Giulia! xoxo

      Delete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox